I’m planning a road trip from Kansas City to Tulsa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m planning a road trip from Kansas City to Tulsa

I’m planning a road trip from Kansas City to Tulsa, and I’m trying to figure out some good stops along the way. I don’t want it to be just driving for hours without any fun breaks. I’ve heard there are some great spots, but I’m really unsure about which ones are actually worth it. I want to make the most of our time on the road without it turning into a marathon drive. I’m hoping to find places that are interesting and not just your typical roadside attractions.​

I get where you’re coming from! On my trip from Kansas City to Tulsa, we stopped at the Louisburg Cider Mill first, and it was a fantastic choice. Fresh cider and delicious donuts made for a perfect snack! Then we headed to the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. It’s a gorgeous spot to stretch your legs and take in some stunning views. Don’t skip Bartlesville either; it’s got some cool history and unique architecture. You should definitely check out this kansas city to tulsa itinerary for more great stops that’ll keep your trip lively!​

Comment

When I took that drive, we made an unexpected stop at Fort Scott National Historic Site, and it turned out to be one of the highlights! It’s not too far off the main route, and you get to enjoy a bit of history without the hustle and bustle of typical tourist spots. I think finding those lesser-known places can really add to the experience. Sometimes, just taking a moment to explore something different makes the road trip so much more enjoyable. It’s about the journey, right?​

Comment

Working...
      X