Beach holidays and ecotourism: how to enjoy nature without harming it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach holidays and ecotourism: how to enjoy nature without harming it

I have a question - has anyone tried to combine a beach holiday with caring for nature? This summer I was on a beach in Portugal, and there were signs on every corner reminding people not to leave litter and not to trample the dunes. The beach itself was incredibly beautiful, but what I especially remember were the local volunteers who collected litter and even offered to help tourists. I then thought: what if we do this on all beaches? But what to do with the fact that you don’t always know how to behave correctly so as not to harm nature? I wonder if anyone has similar experiences or advice on how to enjoy nature and not leave a trace behind?

I went to Bali last year and faced a similar problem there. I wanted to enjoy the beautiful beaches, but the locals kept reminding me of the importance of not touching the corals and not using regular sunscreen, because it harms marine life. By the way, you can check out best beaches in marbella​, there is a selection of eco-beaches and tips on how to minimize your impact. I also switched to a special eco-cream and tried to make sure I didn’t leave anything on the beach. There was also an event to plant mangroves - it turned out that this helps fight erosion and preserve the coast. Such simple steps really help!​
    Last edited by N.047294105; 09-28-2024, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I don't know much about ecotourism, but it would be great if more people thought about preserving nature when they vacation. Trash on beaches is, of course, a global problem, but it is also important to remember such little things as not disturbing local animals or not digging up plants. Perhaps the main task is to learn to respect the place where you vacation, so that future generations will get something beautiful.​

Comment

Working...
      X